Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My Life Story

I knew i didnt have the discipline. It shows right, judging from the lapse in time from my 1st post to this. Haha.

Alot have happened during this time. Let me just list it out :
1) I found out that my good friend's girlfriend cheated on him. ( The details were way out of my league, then. )
2) My aunt was getting a divorce.
3) My girlfriend who is currently in HK, told me exactly on the day we were together for 2 years, 2 months that she cheated on me. ( Now i joined the league. )
4) Then life after the break up.

Amazing aint it. How so much can happen in such a short period of time. Let me just reflect upon all that happened, case by case.

1) The Love Affair.

When my good friend's GF msned me, and told me what happened. I immediately stop doing my work, got out of my seat, went to the stairs and called him up. After a few mins of scolding the fuck out of him. And asking what the fuck is he still doing with her, i said, "u fucking better know wad you are doing." I just couldnt take it lying down, i feel for my friend. And we knowing each other for close to 7 yrs, i knew what he is going through. I just could not understand why he was still with her.
And so, we met.

He told me the whole story, from the start to the end. I questioned his gf's every move, we discussed alot. I could see how hurt he was, how much he had sacrificed for this girl whom i quite frankly, didnt know too much about.
He forgived her and moved on from there. How he did that, was something i could never comprehend.

2) Time to Say Goodbye.

And 1 fine day, my young aunt who was married for 2 yrs or so suddenly moved home to stay with her mom. Thinking that it was normal for a married couple to quarrel, i didnt think much of it.
But 2 weeks on, she was still living with her mom. So it started to bug me what the fuck the guy was doing. I decided to find out more.
So, it appears that there was a third party(unsupported claim). Wow, why wasnt i surprised.
Yeah, so they are basically getting a divorce.

3) I Write Sins Not Tragedies

And then comes the news that my gf (technically my ex now) had cheated on me. I dont know the details. Yeah, probably i will never find out too.

I have always told ppl around me that in a relationship, its comes to a point of time when there is no love, but commitment. I believed that we had that commitment. I put much of my trust, faith, as well as my future into it, so imagine the shock it was when i was told of it.

I said my byes, hanged up the phone, asked my bro for a light, with hands shaking, went out of my house and to the staircase. i sat there, staring at the wall in front of me for a few minutes.
It was as if everything was unreal.

I called the few ppl i could call, screamed at them for a few hrs. My sincere thanks to those who were there for me when i needed it the most. Then, i couldnt sleep. It was the worst night of my life.

The following morning, a friend of hers met me for lunch. Then i went for a haircut as well as a highlight.

This was a start of a new beginning.

4) Thnks For The Mmrs

The past week or 2 i would say was pure torture. The constant thought of betrayal killed my appetite, affected my sleep. I couldnt eat or sleep. i was like a walking zombie. But it was during this period of time when friends really came forward, ppl like my gd friend, ppl that i was not close to, ppl that i used to be close with, all came forward. Whether it was out of sympathy or concern, they were there. Thanks!

5) Disenchanted

I gave personal thoughts to the above events, which i would leave for another day. Many thoughts, mixed emotions.

I end with something that struck me on Grey's Anatomy.

"Cristina, I could promise to hold you, and to cherish you. I could promise to be there, in sickness and in health. I could say till death do us part. But I won't. Those vows are for optimistic couples, the ones full of hope. I do not stand here on my wedding day optimistic or full of hope. I am not optimistic. I am not hopeful. I am sure. I am steady. I'm a heart man. Take 'em apart, put 'em back together, hold them in my hands. I am a heart man. So this, I am sure. You are my partner. My lover. My very best friend. My heart. My heart beats for you. And on this day, the day of our wedding, I promise you this. I promise you to lay my heart in the palm of your hands, I promise you... me."

That was how i felt about her.

1 comment:

my alias name said...

"have always told ppl around me that in a relationship, its comes to a point of time when there is no love, but commitment. I believed that we had that commitment..."
are u saying there wasnt love in your relationship?