Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Makes Me Wonder

Well, i intended to post my thoughts on the various issues that has happened, but it seems like fate is cruel to me and the people around me nowadays. So folks, its best not to be near me right now.

Worked overtime today, partially due to the fact that i took the previous day off to go shopping. So when i got back today, there was like a mountain of things for me to do. And it doesnt help that i am down with flu!!!

Ok, so after work, i decided that i should embark on a Romance@SG expedition by taking the bus home, catch the Singapore night before i eventually leave. Was at the bus stop, waiting for a double decker bus when Mr Good Friend's Gf called me up.

THE SEASON FOR BREAKUPS.

Alright, basically she called to ask my opinion on things, then it lead to her telling me to help her breakup with my good friend. The details, let just keep it private. But i really hope the best for both of them, i really do. I will get an update from them as soon as there is one.

BE MY ESCAPE

Long ago, i used to write my emotions into pieces of lyrics. Nowadays, my emotions are reflected in the songs i listen to. Ya, i know it sounds unbelievable, me? Write songs? You gotta be kidding. Haha. My advice to you?, " Thats just who i am this week."

I relate to music very well. I really think songwriters are geniuses in the making. The ride home was to be my escape from the day to day hustles, matters of the heart, as well as my goddamn emotions. It was where i could be by myself, in deep thoughts. Today was no different, the bus ride home was accompanied by Fall Out Boy's Hum Hallelujah which really got me thinking.

Hum hallelujah,
Just off the key of reason.
I thought I loved you.
It was just how you looked in the light.
Our teenage vow in a parking lot,
"Till tonight do us part."
I sing the blues,
And swallow them too.

I told myself, "5 years down the road, u be singing like u mean it."

IT ENDS TONIGHT

It beens 9 days since that fateful day. I guess i am doing fine. Keeping myself busy, hanging out with friends, work, shopping, alcohol and cigarettes (they come together). I think it has took a toll on my health, been down with flu since 4 days ago, coupled with sore throat. Yeah, i know it aint exactly healthy, but its just a phrase my dear friends.

Just hanged out with my primary schoolmate who happens to live nearby for another late night supper. Its interesting the things she shares with me. Love, Lies, Life, Sex, Aspirations, Thoughts. Just a couple of things we talked about over supper. I am getting more amazed about the things that is happening right beneath my nose.

Maybe in time to come, i would not regard "making out with another guy while being attached" as a big deal anymore. Since its happening all around me. Am i the only weird one standing out? I am starting to wonder. I guess i been living in my own shell for a very long time. Its time to get out there again.

I guess i would end my boring ranting about my sad pathetic life here.
The breakdown of my thoughts on the events that happened would probably have to wait again. I am happy living life the way it is right now.

An extract that best describe my failed relationship.

And when the lights all went out
We watched our lives on the screen
I hate the ending myself
But it started with an alright scene.

Let me end with 1 of the songs of my life.

Your subtleties
They strangle me
I can’t explain myself at all.
And all the wants
And all the needs
All I don’t want to need at all.

The walls start breathing
My minds unweaving
Maybe it’s best you leave me alone.
A weight is lifted
On this evening
I give the final blow.

When darkness turns to light,
It ends tonight,
It ends tonight.

A falling star
Least I fall alone.
I can’t explain what you can’t explain.
You're finding things that you didn’t know
I look at you with such disdain

The walls start breathing
My minds unweaving
Maybe it’s best you leave me alone.
A weight is lifted
On this evening
I give the final blow.

[Chorus]
When darkness turns to light
It ends tonight,
It ends tonight.
Just a little insight won't make this right
It’s too late to fight
It ends tonight,
It ends tonight.

Now I’m on my own side
It’s better than being on your side
It’s my fault when you're blind
It’s better that I see it through your eyes

All these thoughts locked inside
Now you’re the first to know

When darkness turns to light
It ends tonight,
It ends tonight.
Just a little insight will make this right
It’s too late to fight
It ends tonight,
It ends when darkness turns to light
It ends tonight,
It ends tonight.
Just a little insight will make this right
It’s too late to fight
It ends tonight,
It ends tonight.
Tonight, Insight
When darkness turns to light,
It ends tonight.

No comments: